The privacy is set to members of Torontostuck, but you’re welcome to join that group, or join the event even if you’d rather not be in Torontostuck.
I’ve set up a Centre Island meet for Saturday, June 1st. It’ll be a pretty casual event, but everyone is welcome!
We’ll be taking the ferry at 1pm, and gathering here. The ferry costs $4.50 for students and $7 for adults (round trip). There’s no official photoshoot planned, but people are encouraged to take their own photos. The island is a great place for it. It’s a potluck event, so bring (allergen-labeled) food if you’re able. There is some food for sale on the island, but it’s really expensive.
If you can’t view facebook links, that means that the event or group is private. However, if you send us an ask letting us know one of the TO!Stuck mods will gladly let you into the group.
Is there a particular event you are referring to? A lot of the more recent links on our blog are from events that have now passed. Also, most events tend to be open to the public, but some events have it so only members of certain groups (i.e. Torontostuck) are invited. In general, we try to keep events open to the public, as you don’t need to necessarily be a constant member in Torontostuck to participate in events.
MTAC is run by Hobby Star, and hobby star is a bunch of butts, who won’t let you do any ask panels or fan run panels.
There is only celebrity panels allowed. /:
Cons and Homestuck cosplayers, in my experience, have never gone hand in hand.
- If you don’t like an anime/manga/TV show/ fandom DO NOT BE RUDE. I get that some fandoms dont have that many fans, but when someone comes and downright insults you for liking something, you will not be happy.
- Don’t cause a scene. I’m saying this in particular because Homestuck is a growing fandom, and probably a lot of people will be cosplaying Homestuck at the next con you go to. When i was into APH, we had the same problem, and many cosplayers had to bee booted out of the con because of their obscene rudeness.
- Watch your language. As time goes on, cons open their arms to younger and younger kids; and they’re not always as used to hearing swear words. A group of people who sang the full “I’m Awesome” song in the main lobby at the top of their lungs were rightfully kicked out. Also, don’t prance around swearing like a pirate, because I know that I saw two adorable little 6 year old cosplayers at a con last year, whose dad was not so happy with some behavior.
- speaking of behavior, behave yourself. Cons dont have babysitting rooms so you’re going to have to look after yourself. Please, be kind and DO NOT START FIGHTS. That is like con suicide.
- DO. NOT. STEAL. My first year conning, my purse was open and everything I had spilled out. An older man saw this, picked them up and gave me everything back, including my wallet, which still had all the money in it. None of my stuff was lost, and I was very thankful and a lot more on guard for the rest of the con. I haven’t had to deal with stealing, but I’ve heard its’ a little bit of a big deal nowadays.
- People will not like Homestuck. Not everyone jumps for joy at it. Do not be rude, sassy, or snobby to anyone who dislikes Homestuck, even if they’re being a complete ass. Be the better person. It will make you look calmer, and smarter. And it will give Homestuck a much better name than stomping around and being a baby.
- Lastly, don’t make fun of others especially about their cosplay. Everyone has a first time cosplaying. I’ve conned a few times and have seen from the best, to the most simple, i-made-everything-at-home-in-a-week. People will do whatever they want for their cosplay, and you need to respect that. I like seeing different cosplays, and often get pictures of the very unique ones, even if they aren’t as good, to not only save as a picture reference, but to see them feel better about themselves. Every cosplay is amazing and wonderful. Please, please respect others and they will repsect you.
These aren’t your average con guidelines, I hope you know how to behave. Thank you for reading :)
submitted by ninjabuuu
Welcome to the Ask a Homestuck Panel! Within this panel we will be answering cosplay questions, shipping questions, in character questions, as well as anything you want to know about the people in the costumes!
Characters in the Panel:
We are looking for people to be Dirk Stirder, Roxy Lalonde, and Jane Crocker! If you’d like to partake please leave a comment on the event page.
Alright if you live in Ontario, Canada, more specifically the Toronto / GTA, AND YOU LIKE HOMESTUCK, read this.
My friend and I are organizing a picnic / cosplay day, and if you’d like to go, we created a facebook group for it.
I believe it’s public currently, so if you’d like to go to that it’d be awesome! Also, reblogs are appreciated. We want to try and get quite a few people in the event first, then figure out an exact date (It will either be in April or May, most likely beginning of May) and location. We’re aiming for Center Island, but we’ll be taking a vote from attendees later on to see who’s willing to pay for a Ferry and who’d rather go to High Park (or another park if anyone has a good suggestion. Just make sure it has cover in case of rain)
More information to come as we find more people who’d be up for such a thing.
Date: February 22-24
Time: Friday: 6:30 - Saturday: 1:30 - Sunday: 2:00
Welcome to the event page for CON-G’s 2013 Photoshoots! A place will be decided and placed up here once we are aware of how big a crowd will be, now for those of you who are coming we have a few requests!
Public Ontariostuck Event
9th and 10th of March, 2013
Half outdoors in Roundhouse Park, half inside in a location To Be Determined.
There will be a Can Town after the shoot on Saturday, so bring non-perishable food items! (If you won’t be there Saturday, you can bring stuff for donation Sunday, but the main town will be on Sat)